Job offer: Backend Engineer
Job Title: InspiraFarms Backend Engineer
Location: Berlin Germany, Perugia Italy, Nairobi Kenya- Remote
Position Reports to: Product lead
Last date for applications: 15th of December
Would you like to impact the future of food?
InspiraFarms develops, builds and installs an IOT based cold storage solution for African top exporters of fresh fruits and vegetables. This helps our clients to reduce the costs and environmental impact of their produce, as well as to increase shelf-life time.
You will be working together with our Berlin Product Design team, as well as the Italian Hardware Design and Production team. You will also be interacting with the African Operations team to obtain client insights.
As a back end engineer, you’ll have the opportunity to thrive with us in a modern, diverse, fast growing company with high social standards. We are working with modern technologies and apply best practices in order to provide our users with friction-less interfaces that are unmatched in the agriculture space in Africa. What you build and put in production will impact the future of agriculture business and ultimately reduces food waste.
Please review the key requirements section below to ensure you meet the experience and essential skills prerequisites before applying.
• Work with a wide range of systems, processes and technologies
• Figure out and implement end-to-end back end solutions
• Monitor, test and continuously optimize our cloud solutions
• Lead architectural decisions
• Collaborate in a cross functional team to define and execute new product features
• Proactively mentor, share knowledge, and learn from your peers
The offer for you:
• Remote work and the possibility to choose where and when to work
• Personal development possibilities beyond the software space
• Direct contact with emerging markets and innovative products
• Actively contribute to the IOT development strategy in an agile environment
You contribute with (Essential):
• Experience building REST API’s
• Experience with CD/CI
• Familiarity with SQL/relational database systems
• Familiar with standard software engineering methodology such as unit testing, code reviews
• Forward-thinking attitude to develop & defend solutions
• Someone who is not afraid to move fast and prototype solutions
• Amazon Web Services
• IoT Environments & MQTT
• Time Series Databases
• Applied machine learning
APPLY: Send your CV & cover letter to email@example.com