Job offer: Global Head of Sales
Job Title: InspiraFarms Global Head of Sales
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Start Date: Q4 2020
Position Reports to: CEO
Direct reports: 3-4 staff (expected to grow) and 2-4 distributors
Last date for applications: 1st of September – 18:00 EAT
InspiraFarms designs, manufacture and sells efficient, affordable and sustainable blast-cooling, cold storage, and packhouse solutions to agribusinesses in Sub-saharan Africa, with a focus on EAC and SADAC, soon expanding into ECOWAS countries. InspiraFarms offers a range of asset financing options as well to its clients. Since 2012, InspiraFarms has delivered to its clients: energy savings, food safety compliance, increased shelf-life and quality, reduced losses. inspiraFarms is now scaling up working with 3PL and food supply chains.
We are hiring a Global Head of Sales to build the capacity of our sales team and grow our client base. This hire must have extensive agribusiness industry experience in the region along with a commercial mindset. The head of Sales will manage our regional sales team (50%) and drive new business development (50%).
Please review the key requirements section below to ensure you meet the experience and essential skills prerequisites before applying.
- Strategy: Work alongside the CEO and sales team to design and implement strategic plans to achieve sales targets including, but not limited to new client acquisition, increase in revenues, repeat sales and clients financing.
- Driving sales: Grow year on year revenues.
- Sales design: Lead the sales design process, matching clients’ needs and product offering. This responsibility is fundamental to ensure process quality and customer satisfaction.
- Customer Experience: Work with other senior management colleagues to lead and motivate staff to improve customer service with clients.
- Team Management: Line manage Sales Executives and prepare business cases to grow the team according to growing revenues. Oversee Sales Executive’s Quarterly Sales Plans and key KPI’s. Overall (Unit volume, Revenue, ASP, Margin) responsibility for sales across channels. Develop and promote weekly, monthly and quarterly sales objectives.
- Systems and Processes: Improve sales processes (Sales Plans, CRM &, Sales Dashboard, Sales Cycle Documents, Prospect Ranking, Sales/Channels Analysis) and pipeline management.
- Training: Develop sales staff and new hires training curriculum.
- Business Development: Work with product and finance team to design and implement business development strategies. Lead Sales Executive’s business development plans.
- Key Account Management: Help grow the customer lifetime value of existing clients in the agribusiness industry. Work with customers to better understand their business needs and goals.
- Brand Building & Networking: Engage in industry building spaces to raise the commercial profile of InspiraFarms’ brand and expand commercial network and partnerships.
- Data Analysis: Oversee analysis as it pertains to sales, markets, channels, customer satisfaction (NPS), crops, etc. Conduct data analysis directly, in addition to managing Sales Execs and future Sales Analyst.
- Reporting/Forecasting: Produce accurate, quantitative, monthly, quarterly, and annual sales reports & forecasts for East Africa. Produce monthly sales reports. Project sales volumes to inform sourcing, procurement and logistics forecasting.
- Market Research: Work with the sales team and senior management to consolidate market intelligence, and to engage in market research to tailor segments’ targeting and goals. Assess pricing points, competition, and work with senior management colleagues to fine-tune pricing and financing offers.
- Budget: Prepare, maintain, and adhere to the sales budget.
Key Requirements- (E – Essential, D – Desirable):
- A strongly motivated and knowledgeable individual with previous experience in agribusiness (E).
- Previous track record in growing sales (E)
- Degree in refrigeration, engineering or agriculture (E), a degree in business administration or marketing (D). Equivalent working experience can be evaluated.
- 6+ years of experience in agribusiness/cold chain logistics (E).
- 10+ years experience in B2B sales & marketing of technology or services in Africa.
- Sales Management experience in complex, high CapEx product (E).
- Experience using and implementing sales systems/processes/tools (E).
- An extensive network of commercial agribusinesses (E) in Africa. Outstanding written and verbal communication skills with internal and external clients (E).
- CRM management, analytics and forecasting experience (D)
- Fluency in English (E), knowledge of French would be a plus (D).
- Ideally already located in Africa (D)
APPLY: Send your CV & cover letter to email@example.com & cc’ firstname.lastname@example.org. Please also include in the body of your email two brief bullet points explain any two of the above requirements that you meet.