Job opening: East Africa Sales Manager
Job title: East Africa Sales Manager
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Start date: Q1 2020
Position reports to: CEO
Direct reports: 4-6
InspiraFarms designs, finances and supplies energy-efficient pre-cooling and cold rooms, packhouses for the fresh produce industry in emerging markets. Since 2012 InspiraFarms has supported commercial agribusinesses and food distributors to upgrade their capabilities to export fresh produce while cutting energy costs, reducing post-harvest losses and meet major international food safety certifications.
InspiraFarms is hiring an East African Sales Manager to build the capacity of our sales team and grow our client base. The Sales Manager will be a well-motivated person with a strong inter-personal skill set, must have extensive agribusiness and/or logistics industry experience in the region along with a proven commercial track record. The Sales Manager will manage our regional sales team and drive new business development.
- Strategy: Work alongside the CEO and commercial team to develop our regional sales strategy. Implement a growth strategy to meet quarterly revenue and new client acquisition targets. 20-30% increase in revenue, new client acquisition and repeat purchases.
- Team Management: Actively manage regional Sales Executives and hire new team members to expand the sales team. Oversee Sales Executive’s Quarterly Sales Plans and key KPI’s. Overall (Unit volume, Revenue, ASP, Margin) responsibility for sales across channels.
- Systems/Process/Training: Improve and apply sales systems and processes for East Africa team (Sales Plans, CRM &, Sales Dashboard, Sales Cycle Documents, Prospect Ranking, Sales/Channels Analysis). Develop Sales Executive new hire training curriculum.
- Business Development: Lead new business development with key prospects. Take the principle role on flagship prospects and support Sales Executive’s business development.
- Key Account Management: Help grow the customer lifetime value of existing clients in the agribusiness industry. Oversee after-sales service for clients.
- Brand Building & Networking: Engage in industry building spaces to raise the commercial profile of InspiraFarms’ brand and expand commercial network and partnerships.
- Data Analysis: Oversee analysis as it pertains to sales, markets, channels, customer satisfaction (NPS), crops, etc. Conduct data analysis directly, in addition to managing Sales Execs and future Sales Analyst.
- Reporting/Forecasting: Produce monthly, quarterly, and annual sales reports & forecasts for East Africa. Produce monthly sales reports and other market-based reports as needed.
KEY Requirements- (E – Essential, D – Desirable):
- A strongly motivated and knowledgeable individual that is passionate about agriculture (E).
- Degree in business, marketing or related topic (E). Advanced degree an advantage (D).
- 6+ years experience in agribusiness/cold chain logistics in EA, particularly in Kenya (E).
- 6+ years experience in B2B sales & marketing of technology or services in the East Africa, particularly Kenya (E). Sales Management experience in complex, long sales cycle, high CapEx product (D).
- Experience using (E) and implementing (D) sales systems/processes/tools.
- An extensive network of key decision-makers at Kenya and regional commercial agribusinesses (D). Strong presentation and communication ability and the ability to communicate with C-Suite level clientele (E).
- Sales/Marketing data analysis experience (D)
- Fluency in English (E) and a working knowledge of Swahili is an advantage (D).
APPLY: Send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com, including your salary expectations.